For upcoming activities of Smart Point, please click here
Have you realized that university education isn’t just about going to classes, studying for exams, and getting a certificate? Have you ever thought about how to attain a whole-person development during your university life?
The Whole Person Development Award Programme (WP) is an overarching programme that encourages all UM degree programme students to participate in different extracurricular activities, cultivating their balanced development in the UM competencies score (CS) areas (Responsible citizenship, Global competitiveness, Knowledge integration, Teamwork and collaboration, Service and leadership, Cultural engagement and Healthy lifestyle), thereby also fostering their habits of life-long learning.
“CS” Areas of Development：
By joining the Programme, you are encouraged to participate in various on-and-off-campus extracurricular activities, which are grouped into 7 “CS” areas according to the nature of the activities. The “CS” areas are:
- Responsible citizenship – Activities that develop your affection for home country, social responsibility, law-abidance and integrity.
- Global competitiveness – Activities that develop your global perspective, intercultural communication, cultural inclusiveness and independence and self-motivation.
- Knowledge integration – Activities that develop your integration of academic knowledge, interdisciplinary communication, critical thinking and creativity and innovation.
- Teamwork and collaboration – Activities that develop your interpersonal relationships, collaborative teamwork, inter-team cooperation and team spirit.
- Service and leadership – Activities that develop your strategic thinking, service to others, organizational skills and leading by example.
- Cultural engagement – Activities that develop your cultural cultivation, cultural preservation, cultural innovation and cultural confidence.
- Healthy lifestyle – Activities that develop your healthy diet, positive attitude, exercise and sport and environmental awareness.
Remarks: Only activities without academic credits or monetary compensation are eligible for counting toward the Whole Person Development Award Programme.
Scoring & Awarding System
Your participation in the “CS” activities, once approved, will be awarded with “CS” , which is your score in the programme. Once your “CS” reach the requirement of the Bronze, Silver or Gold Award, you will be awarded the prizes accordingly. And the most outstanding students will be awarded the Whole Person Development Award Scholarship.