The tuition installment is offered to students who are in financial difficulties. Students who would like to apply for the installment need to submit an online application during the designated period. With the successful application of tuition installment, students will pay the tuition in two or four equal monthly installments.
Tuition Installment is offered on a semester basis. Students who need tuition installment in both semesters should submit two separate applications according to the application schedules.
1. Students in financial difficulties,
2. Whose average monthly per capita household income is lower than the amount as stipulated in Article 3.2.1 of the Application Eligibility of the Guideline for Study Loan Application of Education and Youth Development Bureau,
(For the guideline, please refer to the website of the Education and Youth Development Bureau)
3. Undergraduate and Postgraduate students
How to Apply
Students should submit an online application in order to request tuition installment. The application link will be posted on this page during the application period. In the online application, the following documents will be requested:
Undergraduate and Master students:
1. Salary proofs issued by the employers of those family members who are engaged in paid jobs, including the applicant. The proofs should include the total income in the past 12 months.
(If the member(s) is/are unemployed, please fill in the “Declaration of No Income“)
2. “Declaration of average monthly per capita household income”
(The family’s total income should be equal to the sum of income from all family members in the past 12 months mentioned in the first part of this section)
3. ID or passport copy of the applicant and family members living with the applicant
Note: It usually takes one or two weeks for a company to issue salary proofs for their employees. Please leave sufficient time to prepare these documents for the installment application.
– ID or passport copy of the applicant and family members living with the applicant
The tuition installment application is open according to the below schedules. The link for the application system will be posted here on the first day of the application period (in red colour).
|1st semester of AY2023/2024||2nd semester of AY2023/2024|
|Credit-based Tuition Fee Scheme||15 – 21 September 2023||20 – 26 February 2024|
| (for debit note payment period: 15-28 Sep 2023)|| (for debit note payment period: 20 Feb-4 Mar 2023)|
|Program-based Tuition Fee Scheme|
|21 – 27 July 2024||3 – 9 January 2024|
|(for debit note payment period: 21 Jul-3 Aug 2023)|
|(for debit note payment period: 3-16 Jan 2023)|
1. The above application periods will be adjusted when the tuition payment periods are changed.
2. Late applications will not be accepted.
3. For students who need to apply for installment for a tuition debit note with a non-regular payment period (periods aside from those listed in the above table), please send your request to email@example.com within the first three days of the payment period.
*Installment does not apply to non-refundable tuition fee for new students in the first semester.
Installment applications will be processed after the application period is over. It takes around five working days to process, students who submitted a completed application by the deadline will normally be notified of the result through email 1 working day before the payment deadline.
Points to Note
1. Applicants should submit all necessary information within the application period. Any incomplete submission will delay the approval process which may result in a late payment penalty (3% of the total fee).
2. Late applications will not be accepted.
3. Applicants should settle all the outstanding fee(s) of the previous semester(s) before the installment application can be processed.
4. Notifications of application progress will be sent to students’ mailbox after they submit the application. The result will be sent to students on the last working day before the payment deadline, except for late applications.
5. Successful applicants will have the original debit note (with the full amount) remaining in their student account. Please ignore the original debit note and pay the installment debit notes according to the new payment dates.
6. Installment application is open on a semester basis, students have to submit individual applications for each semester if necessary.